Howzat Travel Limited
Booking Terms & Conditions
THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS ARE APPLICABLE FOR ALL TOURS & TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS BOOKED WITH HOWZAT TRAVEL ON OR AFTER 8TH AUGUST 2017.
PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY BEFORE YOU BOOK
A. YOUR TRAVEL BOOKING
These booking terms and conditions govern all bookings that you make with Howzat Travel Limited, Company Number 05589009 of Registered Office, The Pavilion, Friars Well Estate, North Drive, Wartnaby, Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, LE14 3HQ.
No contract will come into existence between us until we accept your booking and we receive your deposit or full payment in cleared funds. We reserve the right to refuse, at our sole discretion, any booking. For online bookings, the contract will come into existence upon acceptance of the booking conditions presented at the end of the booking process and once we have received your deposit or full payment in cleared funds.
All services offered are subject to availability and prices are subject to change until the time of the actual booking.
Whether you book alone or as a group, we will only deal with the Lead Traveller in all subsequent correspondence, including changes, amendments and cancellations. You must be 18 years old at the time of booking and possess the legal capacity and authority to book as the lead name and you confirm that you have the authority to accept, and do accept these conditions on your behalf and on behalf of all members of your party and that you are responsible for all payments due from each and every party member for whom you are making a booking.
You are responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the personal details or any other information supplied in respect of yourself and any other person travelling on the booking and for passing on any information regarding the booking or any changes made in relation thereto, to all persons travelling on such booking, including but not limited to information on schedule changes or copies of booking confirmations.
It is your responsibility to ensure that any information including personal details or any other information supplied in respect of yourself and any other person travelling on the booking which you give us, is accurate and that information which is given to you by us or any of our suppliers is passed on to all members of your party
It is a condition of your booking with us that you and all other members of your party, are adequately insured on holiday. Any person who is under 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult on his or her journey.
B. DATA PROTECTION POLICY
In order to process your booking and to ensure that your travel arrangements run smoothly and meet your requirements, we need to use the information you provide such as name and address, and any special needs/dietary requirements, etc.
We take full responsibility for ensuring that proper security measures are in place to protect your information. We must pass the information on to the relevant suppliers of your travel arrangements such as airlines, hotels, transport companies, etc. The information may also be provided to security or credit checking companies, public authorities such as customs and immigration if required by them, or as required by law.
Additionally, where your holiday is outside the European Economic Area (EEA), controls on data protection in your destination may not be as strong as the legal requirements in this country. We will not, however, pass any information on to any person not responsible for part of your travel arrangements. This applies to any sensitive information that you give to us such as details of any disabilities, or dietary or religious requirements. If we cannot pass this information to the relevant suppliers, whether in the EEA or not, we cannot provide your booking. In making this booking, you consent to this information being passed on to the relevant persons.
i) Your right to privacy
Howzat Travel is committed to protecting your privacy and security. We will only use the information we collect about you with your consent to process your order and to tell you about our services. We will never wilfully disclose personal information about you to any third party other than to process your order without first receiving your permission or unless we are under a legal obligation to do so.
Please note – as part of recently implemented security measures, if your flight passes through UK, US or Australian airspace, our carrying airline is now required by law to pass their passenger lists to the relevant government agency prior to your arrival in that country. By booking a flight to or passing through any of these territories, you are consenting to allow your data to be passed by the airline to these agencies prior to your arrival.
ii) Why we need to collect information from you
When you order your holiday from Howzat Travel, we need to know your name, email address, delivery address, telephone details. This allows us to process and fulfil your order.
We may also use the information we collect about you to notify you from time to time about important new features and changes to Howzat Travel services or special offers we think you’ll find of interest. If you have asked not to be contacted, we will not contact you to notify you of these services for any other reason unless it is connected with your holiday.
iii) Who else will we tell about you?
We will not pass on your personal details to any third party, including site sponsors or advertisers, without your permission. We may provide aggregate statistics about our customers, sales, traffic patterns and related site information to our third-party partners, but these statistics will not contain any information about you from which you could be identified.
iv) Your Consent
By placing an order with Howzat Travel, you consent to the collection and use of the information you provide solely for the purposes of processing and fulfilling your order.
v) In Summary
We’re committed to protecting your privacy. We use the information we collect on the site only for the purposes for which you have consented. We won’t pass on your personal information to others without your permission. You can always enquire about or check the information that you have given us by contacting us. Howzat Travel welcomes your questions and comments about privacy, as well as any other aspect of our service.
Please contact us by email on email@example.com or by post at: Howzat Travel Limited, The Pavilion, Friars Well Estate, North Drive, Wartnaby, Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, LE14 3HQ, UK
D. TELEPHONE CALLS
We reserve the right to randomly record telephone calls to ensure that our customer service is constantly reviewed.
These booking terms and conditions are governed by English law and the courts of England and Wales have non-exclusive jurisdiction. Additionally, your accommodation booking may also be subject to local laws, customs and sensitivities, which may change from time to time.
In these conditions unless the context otherwise requires:
a) Words importing any gender include every gender
b) Words importing persons include firms and corporations and vice versa
'Payment Schedule' outlines the payment instalments due to pay the balance of the total tour cost per person.
'Tour Description' identifies the tour itinerary and lists the components of the tour and service we are offering.
'Cancellation Charge' means the charge due for any cancellation following a confirmed booking.
“Lead Traveller” is the only person Howzat Travel Limited will deal with in all subsequent correspondence, including changes, amendments and cancellations.
G. BOOKING CONDITIONS:
1. LEAD TRAVELLER BOOKING AND CONTRACT -
i) The person who signs the booking form is the Lead Traveller and does so on behalf of all the individuals included on it, such that all are bound by the booking conditions. All bookings are made with Howzat Travel and no variation of these conditions may be made unless this is done in writing, by a director of the company. Howzat Travel has the right to refuse any variation request.
ii) The Lead Traveller must be 18 years old at the time of booking and possess the legal capacity and authority to book as the lead name and have the authority to accept, and do accept these conditions on behalf of all members of the party and is the responsible person for all payments due and for ensuring the accuracy of the personal details or any other information supplied in respect of the party.
iii) The Lead Traveller is the only person Howzat Travel Limited will deal with in all subsequent correspondence, including changes, amendments and cancellations.
iv) All services offered are subject to availability and prices are subject to change until the time of the actual booking.
v) The Lead Traveller is responsible for the accuracy of and provision of the personal details or any other information supplied in respect of yourself and any other person ravelling on the booking. It is a condition of this Contract that you and other persons travelling with you provide certain information that may be sent to government authorities, border control and security agencies for the purposes of security and anti-terrorism including but not limited to name, address, gender, date of birth passport information and travel accommodation address.
vi) Any person who is under 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult on his or her journey.
2. DEPOSIT AND PAYMENT - A non-refundable deposit is required and should be sent with the completed booking form. We will confirm our acceptance of your booking by email, at which time the contract comes into existence between us. Payment of the Deposit and Final Balance must be made in accordance with the payment schedule on the bookings page for your chosen tour.
Should any payment fail to reach us by the date specified, we reserve the right to treat the booking as cancelled. If a booking is made 12 weeks or less prior to the departure date, then the full amount is payable at the time of booking.
3. ALTERATIONS - If you wish to make any alterations to your holiday we will make every effort to accommodate these, but cannot guarantee that this will be possible. If alterations you request are possible, these will, of course, be subject to any amendment or other charges imposed by any relevant supplier, and a sum of £75 to cover our administrative costs. Requests for amendments must be made in writing by the person whose signature appears on the booking form. Howzat Travel has the right to refuse a variation request and is not obligated to accommodate any specific requests outside the standard package.
Any cancellation by you must be made in writing. The date on which the letter or email is received by us or our agents will determine the cancellation charges applicable. The cancellation charges are expressed as a percentage of the total tour price.
Cancellation is charged at the non-returnable deposit rate until 120 days prior to the departure date, after which the following charges apply:
120 days before departure - 50% of total tour cost
60 days before departure - 100% of total tour cost
4. ALTERATIONS - If Howzat Travel has to alter your tour before departure, any change will be either major or minor.
Howzat Travel reserves the right to change a customer's international flights - from their stated preference. If such a change is made, the customer will be notified at the earliest opportunity.
Where a change is a minor change, we will if practicable, advise you before departure in writing, but we are not obliged to do so or to pay you compensation. A minor change is any change apart from a major change as defined below.
When a change is a major change (and a major change is an alteration to your outward or return flight time by more than 12 hours), we will advise you as soon as is reasonably possible. You will then have the choice of accepting the change, taking an alternative holiday (and where this is of a lower price we will refund the difference), or withdrawing from the contract and accepting a full refund of all monies paid. In addition, in appropriate cases, we will pay you compensation on the scale shown below (on the assumption that the full balance has been paid). If we have to cancel your holiday before the date of departure, you will have the choice of taking an alternative holiday (and where this is of a lower price we will refund the difference) or withdrawing from the contract and accepting a full refund of the monies paid. In addition, in appropriate cases, and where such cancellation is not due to under booking or force majeure as defined below, we will pay you compensation on the scale shown below.
Period before departure day within which major change/cancellation is notified.
Compensation per person
More than 56 days Nil
56-43 days £10
42-29 days £15
28-15 days £20
14-0 days £30
In the unlikely event that a sporting event is cancelled - for whatever reason - we will pass on any ticket refunds that are issued by the event organisers. If the event cancellation occurs after the time when all travel arrangements - including flights, hotels and transfers - have all been confirmed and paid in full by Howzat Travel, any cancellation of trips and related refunds are as per the standard terms and conditions of the tour.
5. UNDER BOOKING - Under booking is the situation in which the minimum number of bookings required to run a tour is not met, and if we have to cancel a tour for this reason, we will not do so less than 30 days prior to departure. Force majeure is unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control, the consequences of which neither we nor our suppliers could avoid, even with the exercise of all due care, examples of which are war or threat of war, riots, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial disputes, natural or nuclear disaster, fire or adverse weather conditions, level of water in rivers or other similar events beyond our control.
In the unlikely event that we become unable to provide a significant proportion of the services you have booked after you depart, we will make alternative arrangements for you at no extra charge, or, if this is impossible, or you do not accept these alternative arrangements for a good reason, we will provide you with transport back to your point of departure and a pro rata refund for the cost of the remainder of your holiday. In addition, if appropriate, we will pay you compensation of an amount, which is reasonable taking into account the circumstances.
6. PRICE CHANGE - We reserve the right to change any of the prices, services or other particulars specified on our website at any time before we enter into contract with you. If there is any change, we will notify you in writing before we enter into such contract.
7. SPECIAL REQUESTS AND MEDICAL PROBLEMS - If you have any special requests, please advise us at time of booking. Although we will endeavour to pass any such requests on to the relevant supplier, we regret we cannot guarantee any request will be met. Failure to meet any special request will not be a breach of contract on our part. If you have any medical condition or disability which may affect your ability to travel or require specific arrangements, you must advise us in writing before the time of booking giving full details. Regrettably, if we feel unable to properly accommodate your particular needs, we must reserve the right to decline/cancel your booking in the interest of your enjoyment and wellbeing.
8. DECISION - At all times the decision of our tour manager or representative will be final on all matters likely to endanger the safety and well-being of the tour. You must at all times strictly comply with the laws, customs, foreign exchange and drug regulations of the countries visited. Should you fail to do so then you may be ordered to leave the tour without recourse to any refund and without any legal claim against Howzat Travel.
9. ENVIRONMENT - We strongly condemn the collecting of any specimen from the natural world. Our holidays provide the opportunity to view and photograph wildlife only; not to disturb it! All of our local leaders have the right to dismiss any member of a group who insists on collecting plant, insect or other living material.
10. INSURANCE - It is essential that all passengers are covered by insurance before setting out on holiday. This insurance must cover personal accident, medical expenses, loss of effects, repatriation costs and all other expenses, which might arise as a result of loss, damage, injury, delay or inconvenience. This policy must include a minimum cover of £2,000,000 for medical and repatriation expenses. It is a condition of your booking with us that you and all other members of your party, are adequately insured on holiday.
11. TRANSFER - If we accept a request to transfer you from one tour to another you will be liable for any costs imposed on us by our suppliers for the cancellation of your original trip. We also reserve the right to charge an administration fee of 10% of the value of the first tour booked.
12. TRANSFER - You may, up to 7 days before departure, transfer your booking to another person if you are unavoidably prevented from travelling and the transferee meets any conditions which may apply to the package. The right to transfer is subject to payment of an administration fee of £75 per person to cover our administration expenses together with all additional charges of whatever sort imposed by suppliers providing the component parts of the package. These charges will be the joint responsibility of both the transferee and the transferor of the package, and you should note, for example, that some airlines may refuse to accept a name change, or may treat it as a cancellation and a rebooking with a 100% cancellation charge.
13. LIABILITY -
If you suffer injury, illness or death directly as a result of the services provided as part of your Tour we may make a payment to you. We will not make any payment if your injury, illness or death was caused by an event or circumstances which the person who caused it could not have predicted or avoided even if they had taken all necessary and due care. We will not make any payment if your illness, injury or death was your own fault. If we do make a payment, it will be similar to one you would receive under English law in an English court. However:
1. You must tell us about your injury or illness while you are on the Tour (see paragraph 14). You should also write to us at our address above about your claim within three months of coming home from your Tour to allow us to investigate it properly and cooperate with us so as to enable us to carry out such investigation. Please include a letter or email about your injury or illness from your doctor if you can.
2. You should transfer to us any rights you have against the supplier or any other person.
3. You should cooperate fully with us if we or our insurers want to enforce those rights.
4. Any payments we make may be limited in accordance with international conventions. (See below)
We ask you to transfer your rights to us so that we can claim back from suppliers any payments we make to you, plus any legal or other costs.
We may introduce you to reputable third party suppliers of excursions or other leisure services. If you choose to enter into a contract for the provision of excursions or other leisure services, your contract will be with that supplier directly and we act only in the capacity of an agent, and therefore would have no liability for the proper performance of that contract. The terms and conditions in this Contract will not apply to any contract for the provision of excursions or other leisure services.
5.(i) Where you do not suffer death or personal injury, we may consider accepting liability should any part of your holiday arrangements booked with us in the UK not be as described on the Tour Description and not be of a reasonable standard, and, subject to (iii), (iv), and (v) below, and may pay you an amount which could be reasonably and properly expected, taking into account all the relevant circumstances. Any sums received by you from suppliers such as from airlines due to the Denied Boarding Regulations 1992 (in this case sums paid by the airline constitute the full amount of your entitlement to compensation for all matters flowing from the airlines’ actions) will be deducted from any sum paid to you by us.
(ii) Where you suffer death or personal injury as a result of an activity forming part of your holiday arrangements booked with us before departure, we will consider accepting responsibility subject to (iii), (iv) and (v) below.
(iii) We may accept liability in accordance with (i) and (ii) above and subject to (iv) and (v) below except where the cause of the failure in your holiday arrangements or any death or personal injury you may suffer is not due to any fault on our part or that of our servants, agents or suppliers, and is your own fault, or the actions of someone unconnected with your holiday arrangements or due to unusual or unforeseeable circumstances which neither we, nor our servants, agents or suppliers could have anticipated or avoided even with the exercise of all due care.
(iv) Where a claim (whether for personal injury or non-personal injury) arises out of loss or damage suffered during the course of air travel, rail travel, sea travel, road travel or hotel accommodation, our liability and/or the amount of compensation you will receive will be limited in accordance with the provisions of any relevant International Conventions, namely the Warsaw Convention 1929 (including as amended by the Hague Protocol), the Berne Convention 1961, the Athens Convention 1974, the Geneva Convention 1973 and the Paris Convention 1962, copies of which are available on request. When you travel by air or by sea, your journey may be subject to certain international conventions including those above, you agree that the transport company’s own ‘Conditions of Carriage’ will apply to you on that journey. When arranging this transportation for you, we rely on the terms and conditions contained within these international conventions and those ‘Conditions of Carriage'. You acknowledge that all of these terms and conditions form part of your contract with us as well as with the transport company. You can ask us to provide you with a copy of any of the conditions applicable to your journey
(v) It should be noted that our acceptance of liability in notes (i), (ii), (iii) and (iv) above is conditional upon you assigning any rights that you may have against any of our servants, agents or suppliers which is in any way responsible for the failure of your holiday arrangements or any death or personal injury you may suffer. Finally, it is a condition precedent of consideration of such acceptance of liability that you follow the procedures for the notification of complaints set out in clause 14.
14. COMPLAINTS - If you have any complaint whilst on holiday you must immediately inform your tour manager or our company representative who will do his/her best to remedy it. If he or she is unable to do so, we must request that you make the complaint known to us in writing within 16 days of your holiday’s scheduled return to the UK and we will do our best to reach a settlement with you. In the unlikely event that you are still unhappy, you may refer the matter to arbitration under ATOL’s Independent Dispute Settlement Service
15. FORCE MAJEURE - Howzat Travel will not pay compensation where a major change arises from force majeure, being unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond the company's control, the consequences of which neither Howzat Travel nor its suppliers could avoid. These include, but are not limited to war, threat of war, civil strife, terrorist activity (actual or threatened), industrial disputes, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, flood, drought, adverse weather conditions, epidemic or health risks, government action or advice or Foreign Office advice.
In exceptional circumstances, Howzat Travel reserves the right to make major changes or cancellation within eight weeks of the departure date. Under normal circumstances, no cancellation or major changes will be made by Howzat Travel within eight weeks of departure except as a result of force majeure. We shall endeavour to advise you of these changes as soon as we are aware of them.
16. PRICE POLICY - The price of your travel arrangements is subject to surcharges on the following items for increases in: transportation costs, e.g. fuel, scheduled airfares and any other airline surcharges which are part of the contract between airlines (and their agents) and Howzat Travel, Government action such as VAT or any other Government imposed increases, currency in relation to adverse rate variations. Even in this case we will absorb an amount equivalent to 2% of the holiday price which excludes insurance premiums and any amendments charges. Only amounts in excess of this 2% will be surcharged. If this means paying more than 10% on the holiday price, you will be entitled to annul your holiday with a full refund of all money paid except for any premium paid to us for holiday insurance and amendment charges. Should you decide to annul because of this, you must exercise your right to do so, in writing within 14 days from the issue date printed on the surcharge invoice. Howzat Travel is not able to reduce holiday prices should exchange rates improve. No surcharge will be levied once the full balance has been received by Howzat Travel. This clause is compliant with Regulation 11 of the Package Travel Regulations.
17. YOUR RESPONSIBILITY - You are responsible for obtaining valid passports, visas, vaccination certificates, health documents, foreign exchange for personal requirements etc. It is your responsibility to check entry requirements with the Embassy or Consulate of the country you plan to visit. You should also contact your GP in good time before you travel for health advice. You will be solely responsible if failure to obtain such documents results in you being unable to travel or refused entry or in fines, surcharges or other financial penalties being imposed on you. Howzat Travel has no liability whatsoever to you through your failure to do so. It is also your responsibility to comply with the laws, customs, foreign exchange and the drug regulations of the countries visited. Howzat Travel and its representatives reserve the right to cancel your holiday at any time if in our reasonable opinion you are found to be behaving in a socially unacceptable manner or indulging in illegal activities, without any refund and legal claim against Howzat Travel, and you will become responsible for your own return home and for any other members of your party who cannot or will not travel without you.
18. PERSONAL INJURY UNCONNECTED WITH YOUR BOOKED TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS - If you, or any member of your party, suffer death, illness or injury whilst overseas arising out of an activity which does not form part of your package travel arrangements or an excursion arranged through us, we shall at our discretion, offer advice, guidance and assistance. Where legal action is contemplated and you want our assistance, you must obtain our written consent prior to commencement of proceedings. Our consent will be given subject to you undertaking to assign any costs, benefits received under any relevant insurance policy to ourselves. We limit the cost of our assistance to you or any member of your party to £5,000.
19. TRAVEL DOCUMENTS CHECKING AND DESPATCH - It is your responsibility to check that all travel documents issued are correct. The address for all documentation will be that given at the time of booking. Documents will normally be despatched 7 days before departure. For bookings made within 14 days of departure it may be necessary for you to collect your air tickets at the airport at an extra charge. Any other vouchers will be posted/faxed to you direct. Scheduled airline tickets are sent by Royal Mail first class post. In the event of ticket loss or delay, it will be your responsibility to pay additional expenses incurred by us to arrange and post duplicate tickets. Guaranteed next day delivery can be arranged at additional cost, which can be advised at time of booking. LATE BOOKINGS may also require Special/Courier delivery of documents in which case we will tell you the charges at the time of booking.
20. FINANCIAL PROTECTION - When you buy an ATOL protected air holiday package from Howzat Travel Limited you will receive a Confirmation Invoice from us confirming your arrangements and your protection under our Air Travel Organiser’s Licence number 9498. In the unlikely event of our insolvency, the CAA will ensure that you are not stranded abroad and will arrange any money you have paid to us for an advance booking. For further information, visit the ATOL website at www.atol.org.uk.
Our website may contain links to third party websites not controlled or owned by us. It is your responsibility to check the status of these sites before using them. Please read their applicable terms and conditions, etc. carefully.
22. CODE OF CONDUCT- See below
23. SIGNING - By signing our booking form, you are agreeing to accept all the above conditions, on behalf of yourself and the other members of your party, and we agree to operate your holiday in the way stated in our website, or in your personally prepared itinerary, unless, if appropriate, this is due to reasons beyond our control. Your contract with us and any matters arising from it shall be exclusively subject to English law and to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
HOWZAT TRAVEL’S TOUR CODE OF CONDUCT
Howzat Travel continuously strives to provide you with a better tour experience.
As a leading specialist in cricket travel abroad, we have learnt many things over the years and are proud of the moral standing we take on many issues. We know these things are important to the majority of our travellers. It’s what keeps them coming back.
We have devised a Code of Conduct that we would like you to read and consider during the duration of your tour. The Code of Conduct is intended to make sure everyone enjoys their Howzat Travel experience, but in the unlikely event that action is required we can refer to it.
This is to be read in conjunction with the entry terms and conditions on the admission tickets to each ground.
Please drink alcohol responsibly and in moderation. Know your limits and don’t substitute alcoholic drinks for liquid hydration. Howzat Travel does not condone drunk and disorderly behaviour.
Please refrain from using offensive language and consider those people around you.
Howzat Travel takes no responsibility for anyone caught in the possession of illegal substances.
Please do not smoke anywhere except in a designated smoking area.
Please be polite and considerate to your fellow travellers, host supporters, staff associated with your travel arrangements and Howzat Travel tour managers. Abusive, offensive or disruptive behaviour will not be tolerated.
Discrimination of any kind will not be tolerated.
We hope you enjoy your Howzat Travel Tour!