Thank you to everyone who came to the Charity Cricket Day. It was a very enjoyable event and we raised £750 for our chosen beneficiaries; The Lord’s Taverners and Egerton Park Cricket Club.
Selected photos from the event have been, and will continue to be, uploaded to our Facebook profile here.
Howzat Travel, proud sponsors of Egerton Park Cricket Club, would like to invite everyone – customers old and new – to our inaugural Charity Cricket Day. Join us at Egerton Park, Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire on Sunday 18th July 2010.
We will be dedicating the proceeds of the day, including the money raised by the raffle, to our chosen beneficiaries; The Lord’s Taverners and Egerton Park Cricket Club.
EPCC will also be using the event to officially open its new state-of-the-art ‘ClubTurf’ artificial pitch, which was won in a one-off Wisden Cricketer magazine competition. The pitch will be officially opened by Derek Underwood MBE andSales Director of ClubTurf Ltd. This will be followed by a charity cricket match on the wicket between an EPCC Chairman’s Xl and a team brought together by Howzat Travel.
The event will start at 1:00pm with the ‘Opening Ceremony’ at 2:00p.m. There will be a BBQ and a 25-over match, with the bar open during proceedings. Howzat Travel has organised a prize draw which will include signed shirts and cricket memorabilia, plus a ‘Super Draw’ prize for two people to spend a full hospitality day at Trent Bridge on the Saturday of the England v Pakistan Test Match on Saturday July 31st.
As well as Derek Underwood, there will be representation from ClubTurf, who can answer questions on the installation of their wickets. We will also have press coverage of the event, which will feature locally and in the Wisden Cricketer magazine. In addition, Jonathan Agnew – EPCC Club President, and Tim Munton – who played for us during his formative years, will be present.
Schedule of events:
1.00pm – Gates open
2.00pm – Opening Ceremony for the new ClubTurf artificial wicket
2:30pm – Start – Howzat Travel XI V’s EPCC Chairman’s XI (25 overs) – To be played on the new ClubTurf artificial wicket.
4.00pm (approx) – Tea
4.30pm (approx) – 2nd innings
6.00pm (approx) – Close of play and raffle draw
6.30pm (approx) – Thank you and good night… or join us for a drink in the bar!
Raffle prizes include:
• 2 x Hospitality Packages for England V’s Pakistan Trent Bridge – Sat 31st July – Courtesy of Howzat Travel
• 2 x Tickets to the East Midlands Eve of Test dinner on 28th July at Trent Bridge – Courtesy of The Lord’s Taverners
• ‘Birth of The Ashes’ Portfolio – Courtesy of The Lord’s Taverners
• G&M Flare DXM 909 Cricket Bat worth £215 – Courtesy of All Out Cricket Magazine
• Signed Stuart Broad Training T-Shirt – Courtesy of Stuart Broad
• Signed 2010 Leicestershire CCC Bat – Courtesy of Leicestershire CCC
• Signed Ian Botham Cricket Stump – Courtesy of Howzat Travel
• Signed Jon Batty Surrey Shirt – Courtesy of Howzat Travel
• Wisden Cricketer Magazine Subscription
• All Out Cricket Magazine Subscription
Every £10 donated receives a strip of raffle tickets and will be entered into the draw for all of the above prizes. Please remember to leave your name and email address on the notes by your contribution.
We hope that you can join us and look forward to seeing you on the day.